We are located in the community of Grande-Digue, which is just minutes away from Shediac, Bouctouche, Kouchibouguac National Park, Moncton, the Bay of Fundy, and the entire Acadian coastline.
Our name, "Gédaïque", is borrowed from the mi'kmaq language and means "which runs deep into the interior", and alludes to the river which flows nearby. Following the deportation of the Acadian population in 1755, French settlers came to the region where they lived harmoniously with the native people. The community became the Parish of Grande-Digue in 1850, while our English neighbours retained the original name which they spelled "Shediac".
©2000 - Le Village Gédaïque / Site designed by Ken Zinck